The holidays are here again! They seem to come quicker each year. Although I'm a huge advocate for handmade gifts (check back soon for what I'm making this year) and one-of-a-kind finds, I still love shopping for the perfect gift. Check out what items I've picked for the home this holiday season, all from USA made, local, sustainable and/or ethical brands!
1. CB2 Black Pedestal Bowl $60 | A statement piece that is perfect for decor or serving. CB2 is the sister store of Crate & Barrel for the modern loft or apartment that partners with organizations to help three main causes: hunger, diversity and creativity through the arts.
2. Womanswork Compost Tea at Queen of Swords $13 | No, not to drink! This is 'tea' for the gardener in your life who takes great pride in their greenery. Made by a three-generation woman-owned gardening business, sold locally in Boston. Gift with a new sprout for their garden!
3. Olive Wood Serving Bowl & Utensils at Olives and Grace $72 | Sturdy, beautiful and multifunctional! Made by a company working to provide women in developing countries with steady employment, sold locally in Boston.
4. Parachute Cashmere Throw $349 | There may not be too many gifts better than a luxurious throw. Parachute products are responsibly made by craftsmen across the globe.
5. Appointed Co. For Grid Journal $20 | I know a lot of people love a new notebook, just like me! There's always something I can find to fill it. Appointed Co. products are so timeless and beautiful and they are made in Washington D.C.
6. West Elm Marble and Wood Board $40 | A great addition to a gift basket for the hostess; just add a bottle of wine and some cheese from your local shop. I have always loved West Elm products so much, I had no idea how socially responsible and sustainable they really were! Too much to list here but I suggest checking out their website. It only made me love them more.
7. Myrth Chalk Speckle Tumbler $32 | Handmade in the Boston area by a husband and wife team, each Myrth piece is like a work of art. I have a chalk speckled vase and it is one of my favorite pieces I own!
8. Cousu de Fil Blanc Noir Soap at Queen of Swords | Handmade with organic ingredients such as black tea, honey and camellia oil, this is the most luxurious soap too gift.
9. Noted Candle in Blackberry Wood | Chic, simple packaging, unique scents and handmade in Boston. I love this brand!